Humane Society Yukon Wish List
- Durable dog toys - puppy teeth are hard on toys!
- Rubber dog toys (washable and great for chewing)
- Dog Puzzle Toys. These toys make dogs work for treats and make for hours of
- Scratching posts
- Canned food (dogs/puppies/cats/kittens)
- Prism dog food - adult and puppy formulations
- Cat food
- Clumping Cat litter
- Gift Certificates - ideas for locations: veterinary clinics, animal supply
stores, superstore, walmart, canadian tire...
- Leashes - longer is better as it lets the dogs stretch their legs
- Large or medium dog crates
- Blankets - No one likes to lie on hard concrete, blankets tend to
become soiled quickly and multiple washings ultimately result in torn and tattered bedding. Dogs will
systematically remove (and possibly ingest) the stuffing from quilts, so ‘stuffing free’ blankets are
- Towels - towels are always needed for giviing our residents
- Heavy Duty Garbage Bags
- Mops and Brooms
- Plastic Grocery Bags
- Non-Latex Gloves (medium and large)
- Scotch Tape
- AA Batteries
- Copy paper
- Dry Erase Markers
- Post-It Notes
- Printer Ink for an HP OfficeJet Pro L7780
- Strongid de-wormer - Available at veterinary clinics and
at C&D Feeds
- Drontal Dewormer (all sizes)
- Profender Feline Dewormer
- Cotton Balls/Pads, gauze
- Ear cleansers
- Elizabethan Collars (AKA Cone Collars), all sizes, used are fine
There are also many other ways you can help during the year...just stop by the
shelter and talk to the friendly staff. They can tell you how you can help.
All donations can be dropped off at the shelter, and we will be adding to this
list in the days to come, so please check back often.
Thank you for your continued support.